1. Because you could read Fiona Moore’s blog instead.
2. Because I considered the topic of rejection but here’s Jeff Shotts on The Art of Rejection and he’s done it better.
3. Because you’ve read enough blogs for one day.
4. Because these sort of lists are hardly original.
5. (You don’t need to read the rest of my reasons. Anyway, there are only ten because the entries that list ‘ten of’ get more hits
6. which is why I’m thinking of stopping at five)
7. or maybe extending it to six in order to say I’m rewriting How (Not) to Get Your Poetry Published and I’m up to the chapter headed ‘Should poets blog’ which ends ‘or you could go and write a poem instead’. (This book is killing me.)
8. Because you could go and write a poem instead.
9. Because there are only nine. Pay some attention to the nine muses, especially Euterpe. I’m simply an interruption.